Click Here for a Consumer Loan application and bring it in to either of our locations!
First Bank of Montana offers lending programs to purchase or refinance a new or used vehicle including cars, pickups, sport utility vehicles, recreational vehicles, and more.
When you need extra cash for whatever reason, we can set up a personal loan for you. Collateral for these types of loans can be First Bank of Montana certificates of deposit, real estate, and other personal property. (Or can be done unsecured on approved credit).
Click Here to use our new easy to use Online calculators.
Home Equity Lines of Credit and Loans
Here are the advantages of a Home Equity Line of Credit:
- A revolving line of credit is approved for a maximum amount and can be used and repaid repeatedly — Funds are available whenever you need them without going through the loan approval process over and over.
- Funds are accessed by personal check, internet banking or by contacting the bank. — Easy access to cash when needed. You don't need to contact the bank each time you want to make a draw against the loan. Use Online Banking to deposit funds into your checking or savings account and make loan payments.
- Lower rate than most other consumer loans, so you save money. Variable rates as well as fixed Rates for various time periods are available. Balloon payment will often result. Offer of credit is subject to credit approval.
- Interest paid may be tax deductible (check with your tax advisor)
- Once established, your home equity line of credit is there when you need it to use over and over again — You can improve your home, consolidate personal obligations and make major purchases like a new car or fund important investments.
If you need it, want it, desire it, or dream it, we want to help you get it!!
Home Equity Loan and Line of Credit Information
|Why Home Equity Loans & Lines of Credit?|
Why should you obtain a Home Equity Loan or Line?
One of the biggest advantages of a home equity loan or line compared to a vehicle or consumer loan is the possible tax deductibility of the interest paid on these loans -- consult a competent tax advisor.
A First Bank of MontanaSM Home Equity Loan or Line of Credit is an agreement where the borrower(s) uses the equity in their home as collateral for the loan / line. Home Equity loans and lines are the most popular methods for consumers to finance home improvements, invest in more property, manage their personal cashflow, purchase vehicles or consolidate debt, and usually at a lower interest rate. Home equity loans are for a specific amount and are amortized / paid over a defined period of time. A Home Equity Line of Credit is a revolving line of credit accessed by Online Banking, check or by contacting the Bank. You can make major purchases, pay off debt or use for any other purpose to manage your personal cashflow. Generally these loans and lines are the second mortgage on your residence.
Home Equity Loans are available with a fixed interest rate or variable rate. Depending on the product, your monthly payments may be adjusted daily or your monthly payment may stay the same when rates change.
Most Home Equity Lines of Credit are also available with a fixed interest rate or variable interest rate. Pricing for these lines varies by customer depending on the credit quality, the term of the line, and the line amount compared to the value of the home. We suggest the payments be automatically deducted from a First Bank of Montana checking or savings account each month.
Click here to use our new easy to use Online calculators, to help you solve some common financial problems. If you find these calculators useful, be sure to bookmark this page or suggest it as a link to your favorite home page or search engine.